This professional-level course on Authorization Management introduces users to the regulatory and best practice requirements for compliant management of authorizations under the EAR and ITAR. Training includes identifying and complying with the scope of approved authorizations and provisos, recordkeeping and reporting requirements, and the monitoring and mechanics for amending and closing.
• Understand the requirements for managing the different types of authorizations.
• Identify the need to ensure compliance with provisos and limitations imposed on an authorization.
• Remember that an authorization requires routine review and auditing to ensure the scope is current.
• Recognize when an authorization needs to be amended and what information is required.
• Realize when an authorization is no longer required and can be closed out.
• Distinguish between the different recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
• Know that maintaining records associated with an authorization is critical to successful compliance.
• Understand that they may be responsible for submitting requests to approve an authorization.
• Recognize that they may be responsible for tracking or monitoring an authorization for amendment or close out.
• Know that they may be responsible for ensuring the appropriate recordkeeping or reporting for an authorization.