This professional-level course introduces users to the types of authorization available under the EAR and ITAR for the permanent and temporary export and import of regulated hardware, technical information, software, and services. The course provides users with the foundation for identifying the appropriate authorization for their transaction, which may involve multiple authorization types, as well as different regulations, depending on the activity.
• Understand the different types of authorizations available under the ITAR and the EAR.
• Recall when and how the different types of authorizations are used.
• Identify the difference between direct commercial sales and foreign military sales transactions.
• Remember that different business functions are a source of information for determining authorization needs.
• Distinguish between permanent and temporary transactions.
• Recognize when multiple authorizations are needed for a transaction to be compliant.
• Understand that they may be responsible for determining the appropriate authorization for a transaction.
• Recognize that they may be asked to approve the use of a company-certified authorization.
• Realize that they may be responsible for preparing and submitting formal authorization requests.
• Know that they may be responsible for ensuring the appropriate export and import and, if necessary, any implementation or usage recordkeeping for an authorization during the required time period.