Trade Compliance Programs
Trade Compliance Programs.
This professional-level course introduces users to the elements of effective trade compliance programs and why they are critical to ensuring their company’s compliance with applicable regulations such as the EAR and ITAR. The training outlines how to identify and investigate potential violations, as well as the regulatory requirements for notifying the U.S. government when violations occur. The course also addresses the consequences of noncompliance and the different types of compliance and enforcement actions available to the U.S. government. Finally, this course provides best practices for trade compliance programs. Personalize the CE Trade Compliance Programs course with company-specific policies, procedures, and other resources using the CE Curator.
• Understand the elements that should be addressed in their company’s trade compliance program.
• Understand the regulatory and organizational requirements for disclosing potential violations to the U.S. government.
• Recognize the need to investigate potential violations and document the decision-making process for disclosing.
• Recognize when a company’s trade compliance program requires review and updating.
• Know that maintaining records associated with a potential violation is critical to successful compliance.
• Understand that they may be responsible for investigating and disclosing potential violations to the U.S. government.
• Employ best practices to support the company’s trade compliance program.
• Recognize that they may be responsible for providing guidance and training on trade compliance.
• Realize that they may be responsible for reviewing and updating their company’s trade compliance program due to business or regulatory changes.
• Know that they may be responsible for ensuring the appropriate recordkeeping related to potential violations.